Monday, May 13, 2013

Beginnings



Faith like Dirty Diapers
Encouragement for anyone who has ever had a dirty diaper…


Welcome to my first attempt at writing to you, the public at large.  This blog has been born out of a love for talking about, meditating on and learning the truths of God.  Here’s how it all began:

Once upon a time, I was just a girl with no vision, purpose or goals in life but to pursue the classic American Dream.  You know, you gotta be happy.  And get lots of money…or enough to be happy… 

Anyway-there I was, and God showed me that He is Holy, and I am not.  He showed me that keeping a list of things that I think He wants me to do doesn’t earn me any status or favor with Him.  He showed me that nothing I could ever do would satisfy the sin debt I have before Him.  He saved me.  He has been doing a work in me ever since that moment. 

I promise-I am not perfect.  You don’t have to know me long to figure that out.  I am anything but perfect.  But I have a renewed vision, a purpose, a goal…  I want to know the Creator that made not just me, but the One who made this whole world possible!! 

I want to please Him, and though I fail, He is faithful.  He is there when everyone else goes home.  He is the One I will answer to.  Therefore, HE is the One to Whom I dedicate this blog, my children, my husband, and my life to. 

So, I realize that not everyone is a stay at home mommy of three children. 

Life takes a different shape for each person, but we all have something in common.  We have ALL made a dirty diaper (or two, or four, or a zillion) in our lives!  We all were once children-and truth be told we still are in many ways-we are just BIGGER now!

The title and idea for this blog came while changing my little guy’s stinkin’, nasty, putrid, AWFUL (you get the picture) diaper.  I opened it to get in there, do the job, and restore clean.  This time, he decided he would “help”…  Ugh!!!  NOOOO!  I don’t WANT your help, nor do I need it!  I do not accept this!!  STOP! 

You see, that is what God says to us, of sorts…  I don’t want your help, and I don’t need it.

Check out this passage from the book of Ezekiel:

Eze 36:25  I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
Eze 36:28  You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

That’s powerful.   I try to imagine doing any of that for myself, and I come to the conclusion-I CAN’T.  I have tried though.  I have kept a list of rules in hopes that I would gain God’s favor.  I have tried to be better over and over.  I can’t.  The answer is the same EVERY TIME.  In short, we need HIM.  He ALONE can make us clean. 

More on that later…


Now, let’s tell little Samuel that! Mommy ALONE can make you clean!  Yet, those sweet little hands still want to reach down to "help", but He is learning!

So, now you know what was behind the name. 

Here is a little more about why I decided to start writing.  I don’t have anything to say, really…at least-not any more or anything better than the next guy. 

What I want to share with you is what God says. 

I want to share how He speaks into my life EVERYDAY, and how I just can’t look at this life without seeing His hand teaching me, loving me, drawing me…

I invite you to learn with me.  I have been so blessed by what He says.  By His grace, I will get better at reflecting Him.  Maybe this will encourage you to do the same.

Written that the name of Jesus would be praised,

Christy

1 comment: